Women, Divorce, and Money
Financial planning can be tricky, but it becomes trickier for those who are recently divorced. Compounded with the emotional toll of a divorce, it's a precarious time for anyone.
Aug 16, 2022
NASBA Field of Study
How to support women in a time of need
Marriages end for a variety of reasons, and during this transitional period, many people need help with financial planning.
In this webcast, divorce expert Dave Stolz, CPA/PFS will share the wisdom he has gained from helping female clients navigate divorce. As a CPA financial planner, he has served as expert witness, mediator, financial neutral, valuation expert, and caring advocate.
- Recognize why are you more likely to be working with the women in a divorce
- Understand and address the internal struggle as well as external problems to help make good financial decisions for the future
- Recognize the various stages of grief that your client might be in
- Learn tips and suggestions from women who have been divorced
- Identify why a divorce affects a person’s decision quality
- Learn how to work with a team of advisers to get the best outcome
- Identify types of contested divorce and solutions
- Learn how to support your client to create her best future, financially and otherwise
This event is CFP eligible.
- Financial planning
- Identify the internal and external problems faced in divorce.
- Determine how to support your client to create her best future, financially and otherwise.
- Identify how to work with a team of advisers to get the best outcome.
Who Will Benefit
- Tax professionals who serve individual clients
- CPA financial planners and other professional financial planners
- Practitioners who provide tax, retirement, estate, investment, and/or risk management planning services
PCPS members save 20%:
A promo code is required during checkout to receive the discounted price. Promo codes and other PCPS discount information can be found here. Not sure if your firm is a member? Send an email and we’ll get right back to you! Or, learn more about PCPS membership!
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.