Bitcoin has continued to gain traction since its introduction in 2009. Here's what you need to know to best guide clients considering a Bitcoin investment.
Nov 01, 2022
NASBA Field of Study
New technology, explained
A revolutionary and deeply divisive topic, Bitcoin has steadily risen to prominence over the last decade. Do you know how to properly advise clients considering a Bitcoin investment?
Although Bitcoin counters some of our fundamental beliefs concerning the monetary system, failing to understand Bitcoin and dismissing it on instinct alone could be a costly mistake.
To understand Bitcoin and its impact, you'll need to recap the history of money, new technology giving rise to cryptocurrency, and the current macroeconomic landscape. Join us for a close look at Bitcoin and learn how you can best advise your clients.
- Discover the truth about Bitcoin to make informed financial decisions and guide your clients to do the same.
- Learn a framework for evaluating Bitcoin as a monetary asset, and potential investment or hedge for the future.
- Identify the principles of Bitcoin by understanding the history of money, new technology, and the current macroeconomic landscape.
- Recognize how to evaluate Bitcoin as a monetary asset and potential investment or hedge for the future.
Who Will Benefit
- Tax professionals who serve individual clients
- CPA financial planners and other professional financial planners
- Practitioners who provide tax, retirement, estate, investment, or risk management planning services
PCPS members save 20%:
A promo code is required during checkout to receive the discounted price. Promo codes and other PCPS discount information can be found here. Not sure if your firm is a member? Send an email and we’ll get right back to you! Or, learn more about PCPS membership!
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.