The Number One Priority: How to Develop Sustainable Talent
The pandemic accelerated digital transformation. Learn a strategic, sustainable approach to acquiring, developing and retaining a diverse pool of finance talent to provide critical skills that businesses need.
Oct 13, 2022
NASBA Field of Study
James Miln, Barry Payne
ISO skilled personnel
According to the Q2 AICPA Economic Outlook survey, availability of skilled personnel is the number one priority for finance leaders.
One clear result of the pandemic has been the rapid acceleration of the digital transformation of our economy. Accompanying this digital transformation is an acceleration of changes to the critical skills, capabilities and mindsets that businesses need.
It is therefore vital to develop a strategic and sustainable approach to acquiring, developing and retaining a diverse pool of accounting and finance talent.
In this webcast, experts will share insights on • how Yelp has driven this change by putting together more formal development building blocks and • how Yelp has used models such as the CGMA Competency Framework to develop finance capability and talent needed to drive changes to their digital business and operating model.
This is a rebroadcast from the 2021 AICPA & CIMA Corporate Finance and Controllers Conference.
- Critical skills
- Accounting and finance talent
- Digital transformation
- CGMA Competency Framework
- Recognize how Yelp finance created a finance vision, established principles for its role in the broader company, and how it is adding value to the business.
- Identify how Yelp has worked with a set of competencies to translate this vision into clear functional and development goals.
- Recognize how Yelp has been able to measure investment in competencies and skills against its finance vision and principles.
- Formulate a strategy for creating a vision and developing emerging competencies needed in your organization.
Who Will Benefit
- Accounting and finance professionals
- Business professionals
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.