The Great Disconnect: Overcome Communication Gaps
Even using the same information, different not-for-profit teams can end up with major reporting differences. Overcome those communication gaps with different strategies.
Feb 15, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
Pete Ugo, Amy West
Bridge communication gaps
Within not-for-profits, different teams — finance, fundraising and programs — often produce very different reports from the same data and information.
These communication gaps can be identified and resolved to ensure that reports are aligned throughout the teams.
In this session of the monthly NFP Section's webcast series, industry experts will discuss:
- Why these teams are often misaligned
- How to develop strategies to make desirable collaboration possible
- How to integrate available software solutions to boost communication
- GAAP vs. tax
- Cash vs. accrual
- Contributions vs. exchange transactions
- Distinguish reporting differences
- Identify and overcome communication gaps
- Determine ways to integrate software solutions
Who Will Benefit
- Individuals with knowledge of or interest in the not-for-profit industry
- Accounting and finance professionals
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.