The Bottom Line on the New Lease Accounting Requirements
Learn the core principles of FASB ASC 842, Leases, including identification, recognition, measurement, presentation and disclosure requirements.
NASBA Field of Study
Daryl G. Krause
Addressing the basics of the new major standard
Which leases are within the scope of FASB ASC 842, Leases and what are the basic accounting, financial reporting and disclosure requirements? This webcast answers those questions and more. Case study exercises are included to illustrate how to apply the standard.
You will also learn about:
- The lessee accounting model, including lease classification
- Amortization of the right-of-use asset
- Interest on the lease liability
- The lessor accounting model, including profit recognition and collectability
- Lease classification
- Amortization of the lease asset
- Derecognition of the underlying asset
- Recognition of lease receivables
- Recognize arrangements which meet the scope requirements for lease accounting under FASB ASC 842
- Recognize lessee accounting requirements for operating leases and finance leases under FASB ASC 842
- Recognize lessor accounting requirements for sales-type, direct financing and operating leases under FASB ASC 842
- Recognize presentation requirements for lessees and lessors under FASB ASC 842
- Recognize business factors to consider when implementing FASB ASC 842
Who Will Benefit
- Accountants and finance professionals
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.