Taxation of Property Transactions
Learn about important property-related timing issues and planning opportunities that can lead to significant tax savings.
NASBA Field of Study
Understand taxation of property transactions
Help your clients understand and correctly handle taxes associated with property transactions.
Understand important property-related timing issues and planning opportunities that can lead to significant tax savings.
Gain a practical understanding of the various complex tax laws dealing with the sale, disposal, or exchange of property.
Understand the rules dealing with like-kind exchanges and involuntary conversions, all updated for tax reform.
The webcast provides CPE credit in the Tax field of study.
- IRC Sections 1231, 1245, and 1250
- Depreciation recapture
- Capital gains and losses
- Nonrecognition transactions
- Apply proper treatment of involuntary conversions.
- Explain the deferral of realized gain or loss on a like-kind property exchange.
- Determine the amount of gain or loss on the sale of property.
- Determine the character of recognized gain or loss on the disposition of business property.
- Implement comprehensive property tax strategies to minimize taxes.
Who Will Benefit
- Tax staff and senior associates in public accounting
- Tax professionals in industry
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.