Tax Research II - Tax Staff Essentials
Learn how to efficiently and effectively solve tax issues for your clients by learning how to ask better tax questions.
NASBA Field of Study
Ask the right questions
Understand how to examine a unique set of facts in light of general rules of tax law and develop the most important questions are by no means obvious. Learn to identify and phrase critical tax questions as you structure your searches and formulate the questions to make your research more effective.
Understand how to analyze your client’s situation and place in the context of previous cases through research. Learn how to talk with clients about your findings in their cases.
- The elusive nature of tax questions
- Assessing and applying authority
- External communications
- Research methodology for tax planning — comprehensive examples
- Identify the appropriate authority for tax problems.
- Identify the evidence you gather regarding your client’s tax situation.
- Distinguish the facts from other cases to reach a conclusion about your client’s case.
- Identify specific ways to communicate your findings to your client.
- Recall the research methodology that is appropriate to tax planning.
Who Will Benefit
- Tax staff (firm or in-house)
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.