Tax and Compliance Issues for EBP Auditors
Learn how to navigate issues frequently encountered by finance professionals handling 401(k) audits.
Nov 15, 2022
NASBA Field of Study
Auditing a 401(k) plan's financial statements under GAAS
With an increasing number of millennials investing in a 401(k) plan, and millions of others retiring each year, now is the perfect time to tackle any auditing hurdles.
Join this webcast to learn:
- Common tax and compliance issues encountered by finance professionals handling 401(k) audits
- Generally accepted accounting standards specific to EBPs
- Steps to take should you discover noncompliance
- 401(k) plans
- Tax and compliance issues
- IRS, ERISA and DOL legislation
- Noncompliance procedures
- Determine the auditor's responsibility for tax and compliance issues in an audit of a 401(k) plan's financial statements under GAAS.
- Analyze common tax and operational issues and their impact on the plan's financial statements and the audit.
- Identify self-correction steps a plan can take as well as current relief programs available to the plan sponsor through the IRS and DOL.
- Determine appropriate financial statement disclosures and auditor responsibilities for reporting noncompliance matters with management and those charged with governance.
Who Will Benefit
- EBP auditors and providers
- CPAs and CGMA designation holders
- Accounting and finance professionals
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.