SOC for Cybersecurity Certificate
Learn how to perform SOC for Cybersecurity attestation examinations using the AICPA's new cybersecurity risk management reporting framework. Earn this certificate and be among the first to showcase your knowledge about the AICPA's profession-wide approach to cybersecurity.
NASBA Field of Study
Tony Chapman, Anurag Sharma
The state of cyber-threats and the measures against them
Cybersecurity threats are escalating, unnerving the boards of directors, managers, investors and other stakeholders of organizations of all sizes – whether public or private.
The result? Your clients are under pressure to demonstrate that they are managing threats. And that they have effective processes and controls in place to detect, respond to, mitigate and recover from cybersecurity events.
The framework for cybersecurity attestation
SOC for Cybersecurity meets a growing business need for attestation. It's a solution that builds upon the accounting profession's experience in auditing system and organization controls.
For clients whose cybersecurity risk management programs are mature, an independent CPA can perform an examination and express an expert opinion:
- Is the program accurately described?
- Are the controls effective?
Your opportunity as a cybersecurity adviser
This certificate helps you understand how to perform SOC for Cybersecurity attestation examinations using the AICPA's new cybersecurity risk management reporting framework.
As a certificate recipient, you'll be among the first to showcase your knowledge about the AICPA's profession-wide approach to cybersecurity.
Free eBook with purchase
Reporting on an Entity's Cybersecurity Risk Management Program and Controls - Attestation Guide is included with your certificate (an $90 value) and will automatically be added to your cart when you purchase this certificate.
Created by the AICPA, this authoritative guide provides interpretive guidance to enable CPAs to examine and report on an entity's cybersecurity risk management program and controls within that program.
The guide delivers a framework designed to provide stakeholders with useful, credible information about the effectiveness of an entity's cybersecurity efforts.
Digital badges: Your professional distinction
After you complete the three-part webcast series, you will be awarded a certificate in the form of a digital badge.
Proudly display it anywhere on the internet – a personal blog, a social site such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter, Open Badges, a bio page on a company website or your email signature.
- Note: You must have either IT expertise or access to IT professionals who possess the skills to perform this work.
- Public accounting practitioners interested in providing cybersecurity attestation services (SOC for Cybersecurity) and in building competencies in and understanding of this service
- Professionals who already have SOC for Service Organizations practices and are looking to expand into cybersecurity attestation services
- Management accountants and internal auditors who want to understand the SOC for Cybersecurity examination service available to their organizations related to their cybersecurity risk management program
- Cyberthreat landscape and the terminology used to describe various aspects of cybersecurity
- Various SOC services
- Components of cybersecurity risk management program
- How to use the description criteria
- How to use the control criteria to assess an entity's controls over cybersecurity
- Key considerations prior to accepting a cybersecurity examination engagement and key planning considerations
- Key steps involved in performing the cybersecurity risk management examination
- Key factors to consider while forming the opinion and preparing the practitioner's report
- Recognize the components and applicability of AICPA’s Cybersecurity Risk Management reporting framework
- Apply the guidance in the AICPA guide – “Reporting on an Entity’s Cybersecurity Risk Management Program and Controls” to planning, executing and reporting scenarios related to a SOC for Cybersecurity examination.
- Analyze and examine an entity’s cybersecurity risk management program
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.