Single Audit Fundamentals Series
Join us for this updated and refreshed Single Audit Fundamentals series developed by the Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC). This webcast series provides basic training for staff that are new to performing single audits or that just want a refresher and will serve as a strong foundational knowledge.
NASBA Field of Study
Rachel Flanders, Thomas Sneeringer, Amanda Ward, Lindsey D. Oakley, Kimberly McCormick
New & Improved
The GAQC has updated and refreshed its Single Audit Fundamentals series which provides basic training for staff that are new to performing single audits or that just want a refresher.
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an influx of billions of dollars of federal funding to governments and not-for-profits, with many entities becoming subject to single audit requirements for the first time. Some auditors of those entities may not have performed a single audit before.
Register for the full series which includes all 4 parts, or sign up separately for one or more parts:
Part 1: What is a Single Audit? A Basic Background and Overview, provides background and context of a single audit engagement and helps participants differentiate these engagements from traditional financial statement audit engagements.
Part 2: Major Program Determination walks through the major program determination process to help beginners understand this critical part of performing a single audit.
Part 3: Compliance Requirements and Internal Control over Compliance focuses on the execution portion of a single audit including a discussion of the types of compliance requirements and internal control over compliance.
Part 4: Overview of Sampling and Single Audit Reporting Requirements delves into single audit sampling for beginners, as well as the concluding and reporting stages of a single audit.
More advanced training
The intent of this series is to provide a strong foundation on what a single audit is and the basics of performance without delving into the nuances of the COVID-19 funding which adds a level of complexity beyond the basics. Once staff is trained at a basic level, they can take advantage of other more advanced training that introduce COVID-19 concepts offered by the GAQC.
- Auditors of nonprofits and state and local governments subject to single audits
- Introduction to single audits
- Identifying federal assistance and determining major federal programs
- Understanding, assessing, and testing internal control over compliance
- Determining auditor reporting in a Uniform Guidance compliance audit
- Identifying single audit sampling concepts
- Analyze the relationship of the Single Audit Act and the OMB Uniform Guidance
- Identify the scope of the single audit
- Identify the types of guidance and requirements found in the Uniform Guidance
- Determine major federal programs
- Determine the requirements of the single audit as it relates to understanding internal control, assessing the level of control risk, and testing the effectiveness of internal control relative to federal awards
- Identify the compliance requirements subject to audit and determine the direct and material compliance requirements subject to audit
- Identify single audit sampling concepts
- Determine single audit reporting requirements
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.