Single Audit Fundamentals Part 3: Compliance Requirements and Internal Control over Compliance
Part 3 of this single audit fundamentals series focuses on the execution portion of a single audit engagement including a discussion of the types of compliance requirements and internal control over compliance.
Feb 24, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
Thomas Sneeringer, Amanda Ward, Kimberly McCormick
Part 3: Compliance Requirements and Internal Control over Compliance
In Part 3 of the Single Audit Fundamentals Series we will focus on the execution portion of a single audit including a discussion of the types of compliance requirements and internal control over compliance.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to and using the annual OMB Compliance Supplement (Supplement)
- Identifying compliance requirements subject to audit using the Supplement
- Determining direct and material compliance requirements
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards at 2 CFR 200 (UG or Uniform Guidance) requirements for testing internal controls
- Understanding and testing the compliance requirements
- Documentation requirements
Government Audit Quality Center (GAQC) members save an additional 20%
If you are a GAQC member, you can save 20% more off the registration price. Find out more information on the GAQC Website. (link to: https://www.aicpa.org/interestareas/governmentalauditquality.html)
- Understanding, assessing, and testing internal control over compliance
- Testing compliance with federal statutes and regulations and compliance requirements subject to audit
- Determine the requirements of the single audit as it relates to understanding internal control, assessing the level of control risk, and testing the effectiveness of internal control relative to federal awards
- Identify the single audit requirements for testing the direct and material compliance requirements for major programs
Who Will Benefit
- Auditors of nonprofits and state and local governments subject to single audits
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.