Single Audit Fundamentals Part 2: Major Program Determination
Part 2 of this single audit fundamentals series walks the auditor through the major program determination process to help beginners understand this critical part of performing a single audit.
Feb 23, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
Thomas Sneeringer, Amanda Ward
Part 2: Major Program Determination
In Part 2 of the Single Audit Fundamentals Series we will walk you through the major program determination process to help beginners understand this critical part of performing a single audit.
Topics covered include:
- Considerations prior to major program determination
- Applying the risk-based approach for determining major programs under the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards at 2 CFR 200 (UG or Uniform Guidance)
- Communications with cognizant or oversight agency for audit
Government Audit Quality Center (GAQC) members save an additional 20%
If you are a GAQC member, you can save 20% more off the registration price. Find out more information on the GAQC Website. (link to: https://www.aicpa.org/interestareas/governmentalauditquality.html)
- Auditors of nonprofits and state and local governments subject to single audits
- Introduction to single audits
- Identifying federal assistance and determining major programs
- Considerations related to implementing the Uniform Guidance requirements
- Determine major federal programs
- Identify considerations prior to major program determination
- Identify the risk-based approach for determining major programs under Uniform Guidance
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.