Reviewing Individual Tax Returns
The volume of individual tax returns requiring preparation can create an environment that leads to errors or omissions. Identify common errors practitioners make on individual tax returns for single filers.
NASBA Field of Study
David Randall Peters
Sharpen your reviewing skills by examining case studies discussing issues for which additional information from the client may be warranted, and areas of tax law that require additional analysis and information.
The course covers:
- Section 199A
- The qualified business income deduction
- The home office deduction
- Rental properties
- Hobby losses
- Section 179 issues
- Organization and start-up costs
Engage with the material through the highly illustrative case study format.
- Section 199A qualified business income deduction
- Timeshare properties
- Home office
- Identify potential errors or omissions of information on tax returns.
- Recognize planning opportunities for your clients based upon information reported on a tax return.
- Determine the proper tax treatment for certain rental property activities.
Who Will Benefit
- All CPAs
- CPA firm partners, managers, and staff
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.