Remote Auditing: Lessons Learned
Remoting auditing is a new tool for auditors. Safeguard the quality of your services and learn more techniques for effective remote auditing.
NASBA Field of Study
Sara Lord, Carl R. Mayes Jr.
Enhance your remote audits
Whether a passing necessity or the long-term status quo, remote auditing has become standard practice since the pandemic began. Remote audits offer flexibility and other benefits for clients and auditors. However, there are associated challenges and risks.
Discuss the best practices for effective remote auditing and techniques you can use to ensure you comply with professional standards.
In this webcast, you will learn how to
- Vouch for client-prepared documents
- Plan remote auditing and necessary procedures
- Conduct fraud inquiries and walk-throughs remotely
- Obtain evidence and gather documentation
- Plan for remote inventory auditing
- Tools necessary for remote auditing
- Planning considerations when remote auditing
- Impacts to further audit procedures when remote auditing
- Recall what the auditing standards say about remote auditing.
- Identify best practices to address higher risk audit and accounting areas, especially as it relates to planning.
- Distinguish additional audit procedures.
- Identify documentation requirements when performing a remote audit.
Who Will Benefit
- Practitioners who perform audit engagements
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.