Maximizing Retirement Savings: Thoughtful Distribution Techniques
The lackluster performance of the markets, higher inflation, and increasing interest rates make retirement planning critical for retirees to ensure that their wealth will cover their needs.
NASBA Field of Study
Robert S. Keebler
Get your clients ready for their golden years
Every day in the United States, 10,000 baby boomers turn 65 and will need to contemplate retirement. As a CPA financial planner and tax professional, are you ready to meet their needs?
Although financial planning for retirement often focuses on reaching wealth accumulation goals by the client’s projected retirement date, managing assets after retirement to maximize their longevity may be equally important.
Structuring a tax-efficient distribution portfolio and creating the optimal order for distributing the various retirement assets can substantially increase how long the assets will last and increase the sustainable withdrawal rate from the portfolio. This planning is particularly important for retirees whose portfolios have been depleted by poor market performance.
In this webcast, Bob Keebler, CPA/PFS, will cover the following topics:
- Which assets to include in the distribution portfolio
- The effect of taxes on asset allocation
- The order in which assets should be withdrawn from the distribution portfolio
- Managing capital gains and dividends, including loss harvesting
- Managing tax brackets
- Managing Social Security benefits
- Tactical income tax planning with defined benefit plans, tax-deferred annuities, and net unrealized appreciation
- The power of tax deferral
- Roth IRA conversions and their optimal implementation
- Asset location
- Bracket management
- Tax aware investing
- Draw down strategies
- Apply asset location and bracket management strategies.
- Determine the most effective draw down techniques.
- Identify planning considerations to maximize your client’s retirement savings.
Who Will Benefit
- Tax professionals who serve individual clients
- CPA financial planners and other professional financial planners
- Practitioners who provide tax, retirement, estate, investment, or risk management planning services
PCPS members save 20%:
A promo code is required during checkout to receive the discounted price. Promo codes and other PCPS discount information can be found here. Not sure if your firm is a member? Send an email and we’ll get right back to you! Or, learn more about PCPS membership!
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.