Marijuanomics 101: The Economics of Legalization
This session will provide an overview of the various economic impacts relevant to legalization of cannabis for medical and/or recreational purposes at the state level.
NASBA Field of Study
The course will provide an overview of the various economic impacts relevant to legalization of cannabis for medical and/or recreational purposes at the state level.
In addition, the fiscal and economic impacts associated with state regulations governing cannabis consumers and producers will be examined. In order to identify the costs and benefits of different regulatory regimes, we will also explore the range of state and local tax structures in medical and recreational states.
- Identification of different cannabis tax models, as well as regulatory costs and benefits associated with various approaches
- Lessons learned from state and local approaches to cannabis taxation, particularly in recreational cannabis states with medical programs
- Assessment of potential costs, benefits, and revenue potential associated with different tax structures
- Identify the different state and local tax structures in medical and recreational cannabis states
- Estimate the potential costs, benefits, and revenue potential associated with the aforementioned tax structures
- Indicate specific examples of ad valorem and potency-based tax structures
- Identify external variables limiting the revenue potential associated with different tax structures
Who Will Benefit
- CPAs, Government Finance Officers, Accountants
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.