GAQC 2023 Auditing State and Local Governments Lightning Round
Hear answers from the GAQC on common accounting and audit questions that will help in your financial statement audits of state and local governments.
Feb 16, 2023
Jodi Dobson, Tonya Moffitt, Michelle Watterworth
Answers to SLG Financial Statement Audit Challenges
Find solutions to the challenging issues encountered when performing state and local government (SLG) financial statement audits in this Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC) web event.
The format is a fast-paced lightning round of questions and answers commonly received by the GAQC, covered by a panel of experienced practitioners sharing their views.
The panelists will also share best practice tips for identifying the answers to challenging accounting and audit issues.
Topics to be covered include:
- Common peer review matters found in state and local governments audits
- State and local government audit performance considerations
- Common reporting challenges
- Accounting impacts of pandemic funding
- New Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards and GASB Implementation Guides
- Impact of new auditing standards
- Emerging areas like environmental, social, and corporate governance and cryptocurrency
- Best practices, tips, available resources, and tools
- GASB Standards
- Governmental auditing
- Governmental accounting
- Financial statement audit considerations
- Emerging practice issues
- Practitioner views on tough questions
- Determine answers to common accounting and audit questions relevant to state and local government financial statement audits.
- Identify implementation challenges related to new GASB standards.
- Determine the impact of new auditing standards.
- Analyze the how pandemic funding affects financial statements.
- Apply best practices and tips for a successful financial statement audit.
Who Will Benefit
Auditors and preparers of state and local governmental financial statements
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.