Federal Tax Policy: Navigating the New Political Landscape
In this webcast, expert panelists from practice and academia will share their unique insights into the current US economy and any potential legislative and regulatory activity. The content of this session will benefit forward-thinking individuals and businesses who are seeking clarity in uncertain times.
NASBA Field of Study
Hannah Hawkins, Brian Coffey, Rohit Kumar, Greg Brown
Navigating potential legislative and regulatory activity in current times
This webcast is the second in a series of tax policy webcasts jointly hosted by the Kenan Institute affiliated UNC Tax Center and the AICPA.
Join our expert panelists to gain insight into how the new political landscape will impact the economy and any legislative and regulatory activity.
The panel will include the following nationally-recognized leaders:
• Greg Brown, Executive Director, Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise; Sarah Graham Kenan Distinguished Professor of Finance, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
• Rohit Kumar, Washington National Tax Services Co-Leader, PwC
• Brian Coffey, Tax Partner, PwC
Topics our expert panel will address in this session include the following: • The economic outlook for 2021 • A high-level review of newly enacted legislation • Likely administrative and regulatory actions • Overview of the prospect for new legislation
- Tax professionals
- Accounting and finance professionals
- Tax educators and academic researchers
- The economic outlook for 2021
- Biden administration’s expected tax policy direction
- The tax legislative outlook for 2021 and beyond
- Possible administrative and regulatory actions
- Recall the short-term and longer-term economic forecasts
- Identify risks to strategic business and financial planning
- Recognize opportunities for potential tax legislative and regulatory action
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.