Estate & Trust Primer
Strengthen your knowledge of strategic estate planning.
Feb 17, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
William F. Murphy
Have a strategy in place for taxes in estate planning
Learn how best to manage:
- Tax obligations of trusts and estates, and how these obligations affect beneficiaries
- The federal income taxation of trusts and decedents' estates, along with the effects certain tax scenarios have on beneficiaries
- Planning options that can minimize your clients' taxes during income accumulation, and the distribution or transfer of wealth to intended beneficiaries
- Types of trusts
- Trustee powers
- Recognition and realization of income
- Elements of an estate
- Taxation of trusts and estates
- Basic concepts of estate planning
- Learn about the various types of trusts.
- Advise clients on filing requirements for Form 706 and Form 709.
- Identify the elements of an estate.
- Identify the elements of a grantor trust.
- Minimize transfer taxes by incorporating exemptions and credits.
- Understand statutory provisions that mandate or protect the interests of a decedent's spouse and children.
Who Will Benefit
- Financial advisers
- Estate attorneys
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.