Essential Skills for Powerful Business Writing
Developing practical skills to increase your ability to inform, persuade, and motivate your reader.
Mar 07, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
Communications and Marketing
Karl Ahlrichs, Jennifer H. Elder
Your writing represents you and your organization. Success in your career, success with customers or clients requires clear, concise, and polished communication. The sooner you learn professional techniques to plan, organize, and present your ideas for maximum impact, the sooner your proposals, e-mails, and reports will be read, understood, and acted upon! Developing practical skills will increase your ability to inform, persuade, and motivate your reader.
- Save time by planning and organizing your writing
- Prepare beginnings and endings that grab and keep the reader’s attention
- Put your writing on a diet, cut the fat and write concisely
- Writing mechanics including word usage, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading
- Edit and polish your writing for maximum impact
- Practice with real-world writing makeovers
- Identify the ways we diminish our credibility when writing
- Apply the 10-step process for better business writing
- Apply the method for summarizing information for maximum effectiveness and clarity
- Distinguish between good and bad email techniques
Who Will Benefit
Anyone who wants to have more influence and make a bigger impact
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.