ESG and Energy Tax Credits and Opportunities
Explore expanded energy-related tax credits to help promote conscious efforts to tackle climate change and encourage clean energy.
Feb 15, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
Devin Hall, Christian Wood
Moving forward with ESG agendas
Recent legislation aims to advance sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) agendas. New and expanded energy-related tax credits are available to incentivize taxpayers to be more environmentally conscious.
Join us as we discuss tax breaks to help taxpayers tackle climate change and promote clean energy.
- Energy-efficient home improvements credit
- Electric vehicle tax credit
- Various business-related tax incentives, limitations and opportunities
- The “transferability” regime that allows taxpayers to sell all or part of their tax credits to unrelated parties
- Inflation Reduction Act
- CHIPS and Science Act
- Recognize key ESG tax topics covered in the Inflation Reduction Act and the CHIPS and Science Act.
- Identify tax planning opportunities to support clean energy.
- Advise your clients or business on ESG, relevant tax impacts and potential tax incentives.
Who Will Benefit
- Tax professionals
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.