Effective Business Communications
This webcast, part of the tax staff essentials program, focuses on business communication and business writing, with an emphasis on effective communications in the firm setting.
NASBA Field of Study
Communications and Marketing
J. William Harden
This webcast is part of the Tax Staff Essentials program.
The first part of the webcast covers aspects of leadership as it relates to work teams and group development. It examines communication skills and discusses the importance of effective communication. A leader's ability to communicate greatly reduces misunderstandings in the workplace and significantly improves project management.
The next part covers the use of positive language and its importance as a communication tool. Using appropriate word choices will make you a more effective manager and communicator.
This webcast can help you avoid misunderstandings that may cause significant financial and emotional losses to a firm. It will help you to avoid vague answers that can cause numerical errors, inaccurate financial data, hurt feelings, and tension within an office environment.
- Communication and work teams
- Communication for leaders
- Difficult communication
- The power of professional language in business writing
- Discuss the common types of difficult communication patterns found in the workplace, and how to cope with these situations
- Identify and cope more effectively with hostile communication patterns that may occur in the workplace
- Recognize the communication patterns that occur before and during the formations of teams
- Explain the role of conflict in work teams and approaches for dealing with the conflict
- Explain communication issues a leader must consider before beginning discussions with a group
- Eliminate wordiness, redundancy, and obscure language from your writing
- Produce written communications that are positive, confident, clear, and concise
- Structure, design, and page layout options to construct documents that are accessible and well organized
- Explain five techniques to make your language more positive and professional
- Recognize the importance of descriptive language
- Understand how using certain words can help you avoid misinterpretation and misunderstandings
Who Will Benefit
- Financial advisers
- Staff at all levels
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.