Cybersecurity Fundamentals for Finance and Accounting Professionals Certificate
Join us for our updated two-part certificate webcast so you can understand cybersecurity and become part of the solution. Develop your fluency and gain the confidence to collaborate with others, as a non-IT professional, to help protect your organization or your clients from cyber threats.
NASBA Field of Study
Jeffrey Cook, Joyce Shen
Why is cybersecurity important right now?
As clients and organizations shift to work-from-home technologies during the COVID-19 pandemic, the risks related to IT and cybersecurity breaches are heightened. Therefore, an effective cybersecurity risk management strategy is essential for business operations in the current environment and for future preparedness.
More than ever, organizations are under pressure to demonstrate that they are managing threats, and that they have effective processes and controls in place to prevent, detect, respond to, mitigate and recover from cybersecurity events. Cyberattacks can:
- Disrupt businesses
- Result in financial losses
- Destroy an organization's reputation
What is your role?
You must be able to speak intelligently on the subject internally and externally. Learn the terminology and key considerations related to cybersecurity to collaborate with others in your organization or client. Apply a security mindset to your daily work. Obtain an understanding of the potential risks and opportunities for your organization or client as they develop or evaluate their cybersecurity risk management program.
What do we offer?
This two-part certificate program will cover several cybersecurity topics to help you acquire these skills and gain an understanding of the importance and impact of cybersecurity risks on your organization or client, including an introduction to AICPA's cybersecurity risk management reporting framework. This knowledge is indispensable in today's global, digital landscape of persistent and increasing cybercrime, and now more than ever during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What can you do?
Advance your career with this certificate and earn CPE credit. After completing the course, you will receive a digital badge that can easily be shared with your professional network.
This two-part certificate is offered over two consecutive days.
- Day 1: Overview of Cybersecurity
- Day 2: Cybersecurity Risk Management
- Finance professionals
- CFOs and business managers
- Controllers and internal auditors
- Management and public accountants
- The importance of cybersecurity and developing a security mindset
- Cybersecurity and digital transformation
- Cyberattacks, data breaches and privacy
- Cybersecurity frameworks and regulations
- Cybersecurity risk management: Risk assessment and controls
- Operational and financial implications of cybersecurity
- This certificate program will prepare you to recognize:
- The importance of cybersecurity to you — the accounting and finance professional — and your organization or client
- What it takes to develop a security mindset to be a trusted adviser and key contributor toward cybersecurity risk management
- Key cybersecurity terminology to enable you to converse and collaborate with other functional leaders, employees, and vendors
- The impact of digital transformation on cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity threats, attacks, data breach implications, and privacy considerations
- Security framework(s) and applicable regulations for your organization or client
- The importance of the AICPA cybersecurity risk management reporting framework
- Controls to mitigate cybersecurity risks
- Financial and operational implications of cybersecurity
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.