Controller Series: Technology - Must Have Excel Competencies
This session will cover what the accountants of today should know about Excel to improve their efficiency, access data, and gain insights into the company, industry, and economy.
NASBA Field of Study
Computer Software and Applications
Excel has long been included in the accountant's toolbox.
Even though Microsoft Power BI and other big data tools such as Qlik and Tableau are becoming more important, Excel is still a "must have" tool. We cover what the accountants of today should know about Excel to improve their efficiency, access data, and gain insights into the company, industry, and economy.
- Reality of Excel use
- Gartner ? Magic Quadrant of tools for data analysis
- Will Excel go away?
- Two essential Lean principles
- Misuses of Excel APIs (Automated Program Interfaces)
- Relationship between
- Excel and data analytics Excel tips and tricks
- Identify the tools that controllers should know, such as Excel's Power Pivot and Big Data
- Identify the relationship between Excel and Lean techniques
- Recognize how Excel complements data analytics
- Recall tricks and shortcuts to improve Excel use for your staff
Who Will Benefit
- Aspiring leaders and leaders of teams and organizations
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.