Controller Series: Best Practices: The Soft Close
In this session, you will learn how to shift your processes for the close in a way that minimizes errors and extra work while increasing the satisfaction of your stakeholders.
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management and Organization
We have transitioned from a hard and slow close to a soft and fast close.
However, accountants may still struggle with the balance between information accuracy and availability.
To be successful, accountants must provide quicker information availability to impact organization results. Simply reporting on results is no longer acceptable. In this course, you will learn how to shift your processes for the close in a way that minimizes errors and extra work while increasing the satisfaction of your stakeholders.
- The Close Process - Big Picture
- Process Improvement
- Transition to a Soft Close
- Best Practices
- Handling Resistance to Change
- Identify top roadblocks to adopting a fast close
- Identify software that makes the close process efficient and more streamlined
- Identify the real purpose for financial reporting
- Select the procedures that can be automated to mitigate human error
- Determine the tradeoff between internal controls and fast close processes
- Identify the necessary steps to transform the close process
Who Will Benefit
- Aspiring leaders and leaders of teams and organizations
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.