Common Employee Benefit Plan Operational Errors
Avoid common errors and address operational faults when auditing 401(k) plans.
Nov 17, 2022
NASBA Field of Study
Gwen Stoute, David Torillo
The panel of experts will discuss:
- Operational issues commonly seen in employee benefit plans
- Correction methods
- The role of ERISA attorneys and plan auditors in discovering issues
- Concerns for the plan sponsor and plan auditor
- Applying the definition of compensation
- Elective deferrals
- Participant eligibility
- Nondiscrimination testing
- Vesting and use of forfeitures
- Controlled groups and participant loans
- Identify operational issues commonly seen in employee benefit plans.
- Differentiate the role of the ERISA attorneys and plan auditors in discovering issues.
- Determine what issues may concern the plan sponsor and plan auditor.
- Select methods of correcting issues.
Who Will Benefit
- EBP auditors
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.