Blockchain for Global Supply Chain
Blockchain is a new technology being used to drive corporate transparency in many different industry sectors. In this webcast, you will explore three supply chain interactions and see how blockchain can be implemented to reduce errors, increase auditability and drive collaboration.
Apr 10, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
Why is blockchain use in the supply chain important?
Blockchain is a distributed ledger technology that allows multiple parties around the globe to quickly access and verify immutable copies of transactions, effectively minimizing risk throughout the supply chain. Blockchain and other emerging technologies, such as machine learning, are transforming supply chains by creating a transparent movement of products from producer to consumer.
During this webcast we will:
- Enhance your competitive edge — this exciting emerging technology will help put your customers first.
- Explore global supply chain interactions and understand how blockchain is used to reduce errors and increase transparency and auditability.
- Emerging technology and ethical sourcing are ever evolving and important for compliance and staying competitive.
Gain practical knowledge through detailed use cases. The use cases include physical goods from producer to retailer, ethical sourcing, digital products, vendor relationships for royalty payments, and real estate. Through these use cases, you will learn about the value blockchain provides to the supply chain, technology considerations, and factors in success and failure.
- Blockchain overview
- Ethical sourcing
- The relationship between public and private blockchain networks and physical supply chain automation, digital goods, and vendor management
- The role of smart contracts in supply chain blockchain networks
- Determining appropriateness of blockchain as a solution
- Regulatory issues, such as HIPAA and GDPR, that affect blockchain implementations
- Develop a business case for using blockchain technology to track the movement of goods through a supply chain
- Determine the use of blockchain technology to create and track digital products based on business strategy
- Analyze use cases involving blockchain technology to determine its impact on the accounting manager
Who Will Benefit
- Business professionals looking to understand more about how blockchain technology can be implemented in various supply chains
- Accounting and finance professionals seeking more information on blockchain
- Business decision makers looking to run blockchain projects
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.