Blockchain: Functional Application
Take this webcast with the Blockchain: Core Elements to earn your new Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate, giving you the opportunity to build a foundation toward becoming a strategic business partner within your organization and with your clients.
Feb 15, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
Nina Kilbride, Kirk Phillips
This is part 2 of the new Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate.
The new Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate offers you the opportunity to build a foundation toward becoming a strategic business partner within your organization and with your clients. Intended to provide real-world literacy on blockchain and digital assets, this webcast will give you the knowledge needed to anticipate potential benefits and risks of the technology, structure and functionality, and to translate that into relevant business application and value.
During this webcast, part 2 of the certificate, we will examine the evolving blockchain landscape, identify business applications and the risks and challenges of blockchain adoption. You will also learn the role accounting and finance will play in shaping processes, technical controls and future trends around blockchain.
- Blockchain processes, technical controls and the role of accounting and finance professionals
- Risks and challenges of blockchain adoption
- Attributes of permissioned and permissionless ledgers and other solutions
- Blockchain trends
- Identify blockchain solutions for multiple industries and how it will affect accounting and finance
- Identify business opportunities associated with blockchain technology
- Identify risks of blockchain technology and cryptoassets such as technical risks, regulatory considerations and more
- Learn to verify information written in a block - finance practitioners may not need to design, build, deploy and maintain but they may need to verify
- Identify blockchain trends
Who Will Benefit
- Accounting and finance professionals looking for more information on how blockchain technology will impact the profession
- CPAs that serve or advise clients and would like to understand the impact of blockchain technology
- Managers, CFOs, Controllers, and decision makers looking to understand the benefits of blockchain and make informed business decisions
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.