Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Case Study Application
In this webcast, you will be able to apply your knowledge of the AICPA's Peer Reviewer program in practical application case studies. These case studies include the most important elements of system and engagement reviews.
NASBA Field of Study
Apply your knowledge of the AICPA’s Peer Reviewer program to a practical application case study. This webcast features realistic case studies that encompass the most important elements of a system review, as well as several case studies pertaining to an engagement review.
As a current or future team and/or review captain, you learn to successfully plan for, perform, and report on both system and engagement reviews. You are also introduced to the administrative and committee roles in the Peer Review Program.
Participants MUST attend all three sessions to fulfill the initial training requirement to perform peer reviews. Materials will be sent via email at least one week prior to the webcast. Please allow up to two weeks to receive your CPE certificate via email, if you meet the attendance check requirements.
This course uses an application-based case study approach to cover the following topics:
- Pre-acceptance considerations
- Planning considerations
- Evaluation of a firm’s system of quality control
- Risk assessment
- Engagement selection
- Interviewing managing partners, CEOs, and staff
- Completing a Matter for Further Consideration Form
- Evaluation of noncompliance with Professional Standards
- Writing peer review reports
- Analyze the process of how to effectively plan system and engagement peer reviews.
- Identify steps needed to understand a firm’s system of quality control.
- Identify procedures used in testing the firm’s system.
- Choose recommendations for follow-up action to the administrating entity.
- Identify the impact and effect that organizational issues have on a firm’s system of quality control.
Who Will Benefit
- Individuals who wish to serve as peer review team captains and review captains
- Individuals who have completed the AICPA’s “Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Program Overview” online course
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.