Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Subject to ERISA
Boost your knowledge of employee benefit plan audits, improve effectiveness, and ensure standard compliancy.
NASBA Field of Study
Randy M. Dummer
Perform EBP audits confidently and effectively
Employee benefit plan (EBP) audit engagements are continually scrutinized by regulators and peer reviewers due to the history of noncompliance with applicable professional standards. Auditors require proper skills to perform EBP engagements effectively.
Throughout this webcast, you'll learn the complete audit process — from engagement acceptance to reporting. Defined contribution plans are the most commonly audited and need to comply not only with professional standards, but also with the requirements of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Department of Labor (DOL), and, in certain audits, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
You will also obtain an awareness of additional considerations when auditing defined benefit pension plans and health and welfare benefit plans. Tap into ways to plan and conduct effective risk-based plan audits to comply with professional standards while maximizing efficiency.
This webcast provides CPE credit in the Auditing (7.5) and Accounting (1) fields of study.
- GAAP vs. ERISA reporting requirements
- Audit planning and pre-engagement activities
- Risk assessment, including consideration of internal control
- Auditing the statement of net assets available for benefits
- Auditing the statement of changes in net assets available for benefits
- Other auditing considerations, including prohibited transactions and tax compliance
- The auditor’s report
- Financial statement disclosures
- Supplemental schedules
- Recognize accounting and auditing requirements for a compliant audit of EBPs.
- Identify appropriate audit procedures to plan, perform, and report on EBP financial statements.
- Recognize new auditing, accounting, and regulatory developments impacting EBP audits, including SAS No. 136.
Who Will Benefit
- Auditors of employee benefit plans
- Practitioners considering the addition of EBP audits as a service offering
- Accountants in business and industry responsible for company benefits
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.