Auditing Digital Assets
Join us to learn specific considerations for auditing digital assets, including client acceptance and continuance; risk assessment processes and controls; laws, regulations and related parties.
NASBA Field of Study
Auditing entities that hold or transact digital assets
Would you like to better understand the environment of digital asset transactions? Have you ever wondered if you should accept or continue a client engagement?
This webcast will help you identify challenges, risks, and factors to consider when deciding to accept or continue with a client who holds or transacts with digital assets.
During the webcast and discussion, you will learn:
The Digital Assets Working Group's mission and the process through which nonauthoritative guidance is developed
What private keys are and ways to safeguard them and the digital assets to which they enable access
About the rapidly evolving nature of the digital asset ecosystem that may lead to challenges when performing required procedures surrounding laws and regulations
You will gain:
Insight into the unique aspects of the risk assessment process when involved in the digital assets space
Awareness of the pseudo-anonymous nature of digital asset transactions that may lead to challenges in performing required procedures surrounding related-party relationships and transactions with related parties
You will also gain access to valuable resources:
- Accounting for and Auditing of Digital Assets Practice Aid
- Blockchain Universal Glossary
- Webcast: Accounting for Digital Assets under U.S. GAAP
- Digital Asset Resources
- Client acceptance and continuance
- Risk assessment and processes and controls
- Laws and regulations and related parties
- Recognize the terminology associated with auditing entities within the digital asset ecosystem.
- Identify applicable auditing standards and unique audit challenges related to: client acceptance and continuance; risk assessment and processes and controls; and laws, regulations and related parties.
- Identify potential factors to consider and procedures to perform in response to the challenges identified.
Who Will Benefit
- Accounting and finance professionals
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.