Applying the Uniform Guidance in Your Single Audits
Gain knowledge in understanding, assessing, and testing internal control over compliance as you apply the Uniform Guidance in your single audits.
May 23, 2023
NASBA Field of Study
Melisa F. Galasso
The Uniform Guidance
Learn how to be more efficient and effective at planning and performing audits in accordance with the Uniform Guidance.
Gain knowledge regarding performing a compliance audit under the Uniform Guidance, including the responsibilities of both the auditee and auditor.
Learn how to identify federal assistance and how to determine a nonfederal entity's major programs.
Gain an understanding of assessing, and testing internal control over compliance, and learn what is involved in identifying and testing compliance requirements in a single audit, as well as reporting on the results.
- Introduction to single audits
- Preparation of the schedule of expenditures of federal awards and determining major programs
- Understanding, assessing, and testing internal control
- Testing compliance with federal statutes and regulations and applicable compliance requirements
- Auditor reporting in a Uniform Guidance compliance audit
- Program-specific audits
- Administrative requirements and cost principles in a single audit
- Analyze the relationship of the Single Audit Act and the OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Identify the types of guidance and requirements found in the Uniform Guidance.
- Identify fundamental auditee and auditor responsibilities related to a compliance audit of federal awards.
- Determine major federal programs.
- Determine the requirements of the single audit as it relates to understanding internal control, assessing the level of control risk, and testing the effectiveness of internal control relative to federal awards.
- Identify the single audit requirements for testing the direct and material compliance requirements for major programs.
- Determine reporting requirements.
- Identify the audit and reporting requirements for program-specific audits.
Who Will Benefit
- Auditors performing single audit engagements
- Internal financial staff of governments
- Staff of not-for-profit entities interacting with auditors
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.