Advanced Financial Skills
This webcast discusses the critical financial skills that today’s finance professionals need to add value to their team, other departments, and the company. Some of the major areas covered include strategic planning, risk management, the Balanced Scorecard and insightful financial analysis.
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management and Organization
Jennifer H. Elder
Focus your finance function on the future
Is your finance department seen as a cost-center? Are you under-utilized and under-appreciated? You can change that paradigm. You can transform into a value-added, highly sought-after partner in your organization.
The traditional cost center is focused on the past, preparing historical financial statement and budget to-actual analysis. The value-adding finance department is focused on the future, helping to guide strategy, protect against risk, implementing change effectively, and becoming a trusted organizational adviser.
- Skills for the 21st century finance department
- Strategic planning using the Backcasting method
- The Balanced Scorecard Method for aligning goals and objectives to strategy
- Risk identification, assessment, and mitigation
- How to use social styles to build stronger relationships
- Methods for effectively implementing change and minimizing the human pushback
- Preparing a financial analysis that is insightful to the users, driving improvements to the organization
- Hiring, managing, and retaining high-achieving employees
- Identify the critical skills that today’s finance professionals need to add value to their team, other departments, and the company.
- Apply the Backcasting method of strategic planning to help plan your organization’s desired future.
- Determine how to apply the Balanced Scorecard to your organization’s strategy to track progress towards and achieve success faster.
- Formulate a risk assessment to protect your organization’s success and minimize the chances of failure.
- Recall different social styles for engagement, impact, and influence.
- Determine how to plan for, implement and manage change.
- Choose techniques to motivate and elevate your team.
- Use an insightful financial analysis to maintain what is working and make organizational improvements.
Who Will Benefit
Finance professionals who want to develop the skills to transform the perception and elevate the impact of the finance department on the organization.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.