Accounting for Digital Assets under US GAAP
Attend this webcast to learn about digital assets and how to account for transactions with them or investments in them, under US GAAP.
NASBA Field of Study
What is a digital asset and how does US GAAP apply?
This webcast will provide you with an understanding of how to account for investments in, or transactions involving, crypto assets (for example, bitcoin) and other digital assets under US GA.
- Brief overview of digital assets.
- How to account for investments in crypto assets, like bitcoin.
- How to account for the receipt of digital assets when received as consideration from a contract with a customer.
- How to apply the intangible asset accounting model to holdings of digital assets.
- How to account for the sale of digital assets.
- Factors that custodians or depositors of digital assets may consider to determine when to recognize ownership of digital assets.
- Recognize how US GAAP applies to investments in, and transactions involving crypto assets.
- Identify factors to use in the analysis of ownership of a digital asset
- Recall the efforts of the AICPA to provide further guidance on how to account for digital assets under US GAAP.
Who Will Benefit
- Accounting and finance professionals who need to know how to account for crypto and digital assets
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.