Accountants Liability: Balancing Risk and Reward (A&A Focus)
Learn professional liability exposures that arise from A&A services. This interactive webcast will provide you with information to identify, assess and mitigate risks that could arise from your decisions.
NASBA Field of Study
Howard H. Fine, Sarah B. Ference, Jennifer H. Elder
Service and delivery
Learn how to balance risk and reward when you deliver services to your clients.
Every decision has risk implications, and the benefits of each decision must be balanced with its professional liability risk.
During this interactive webcast, a panel of experts will discuss professional liability exposures that can arise when providing audit and attest and consulting services.
Learn how to identify, assess and respond to professional liability risks stemming from the decisions you make in your practice every day.
In addition to earning CPE credits, CNA policyholders may earn up to a 10% premium credit for three consecutive years on their AICPA Professional Liability Insurance policy. Please consult your agent for further details regarding eligibility.
- Claim data of the AICPA Professional Liability Insurance Program
- Practice management
- Firm culture and going to market
- Client and engagement acceptance
- Engagement letters
- Client and engagement continuance and termination
- Data security
- Audit and attest services
- Risk management issues that arise during planning and fieldwork
- Addressing "hiccups"
- Recognize how to assess the professional liability risks of new and existing clients and services in relation to the firm's risk tolerance.
- Identify claim data by area of practice and understand implications for the firm.
- Identify how risk changes as a result of new information, client action (or inaction,) or other events that arise during an attest or consulting engagement.
- Gain strategies to respond to changes in risk to help maintain alignment with the firm's risk appetite.
Who Will Benefit
- CPAs and CGMA designation holders
- Auditors and attestation service providers
- Accounting and finance professionals
- Legal personnel
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.