Accountants Liability: Balancing Risk and Reward (Tax Focus)
Offering tax services can expose you to professional liability. Here's the information you need to identify, assess, and mitigate risks arising from everyday decision-making.
NASBA Field of Study
Jan Lewis, CPA, Deborah K. Rood, Henry J. Grzes
Fortify your practice
Which clients should you serve? What services will you provide? How will you best deliver those services?
A thorough evaluation of your professional approach, and keeping an eye out for legal risks, will greatly benefit you and your clients.
Join this panel of experts to learn:
- Professional liability exposures
- Conditions where professional liability exposures can surface
- How to identify liability threats
- How to ensure financial decisions reasonably outweigh professional liability risks
In addition to earning CPE credits, CNA policyholders may earn up to a 10% premium credit for three consecutive years on their AICPA Professional Liability Insurance policy. Please consult your agent for further details regarding eligibility.
Please Note: Professional liability premium discounts will only be applied for viewing this webcast once. Multiple viewings will not result in the application of multiple discounts.
- Claim data of the AICPA Professional Liability Insurance Program
- Practice management
- Firm culture and going to market
- Client and engagement letters and acceptance
- Relationship continuance and termination
- Data security
- Risk management issues relating to tax and consulting services
- Recognize how to assess the professional liability risks of new and existing clients and services in relation to the firm's risk tolerance.
- Identify claim data by area of practice and understand implications for the firm.
- Identify how risk changes as a result of new information, client action (or inaction), and unforeseen events that can surface during a tax or consulting engagement.
- Recognize strategies to balance risk and maintain alignment with the firm's risk tolerance.
Who Will Benefit
- CPAs and CGMA designation holders
- Tax practitioners
- Legal professionals
- Accounting and finance professionals
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.