2022 Year-End Planning: Responding to Midterm Elections and the Inflation Reduction Act
Year-end planning is a productive use of time even in a calm year, but the current pace of change provides even greater opportunities for forward-thinking advisers and their clients.
Nov 17, 2022
NASBA Field of Study
Robert S. Keebler
Your year-end playbook
The Inflation Reduction Act, additional legislation in the pipeline, and the midterm elections will have significant planning implications for your clients.
In addition, market activity is opening far-reaching opportunities.
To help your clients capitalize on this year's activity, you'll need to brush up on how to minimize their tax liabilities by harvesting gains and losses, making favorable Roth conversions, gifting assets to trusts, and more.
Attendees will also learn about:
- Tax policy and planning ideas in relation to Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA)
- Rethinking itemized deductions
- Funding tax-preference accounts
- Charitable contributions
- Opportunity zone investments
- Section 199A deduction planning
- Using trusts to create additional income taxpayers
- Year-end estate and gift planning
- Alternative valuation date elections
- Financial planning strategies relevant to the current environment to ensure that you provide clients with best advice for their year-end planning
- Considerations related to mid-term election outcomes, the Inflation Reduction Act, and potential additional legislation
- Identify how midterm elections and the Inflation Reduction Act affect year-end planning for your clients.
- Determine strategies to consider for your clients before year-end to minimize their tax liabilities.
Who Will Benefit
- Tax professionals who serve individual clients
- CPA financial planners and other professional financial planners
- Practitioners who provide tax, retirement, estate, investment, or risk management planning services
PCPS members save 20%:
A promo code is required during checkout to receive the discounted price. Promo codes and other PCPS discount information can be found here. Not sure if your firm is a member? Send an email and we’ll get right back to you! Or, learn more about PCPS membership!
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.