Reporting on an Examination of Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to User Entities' Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (SOC 1®) - Guide
Get a deeper understanding of what's required and how to provide best-in-class in service organization control engagements. Glean insight from expert authors and see learnings in action with illustrative report excerpts.
Learn how to effectively perform SOC 1® engagements
As business specialization grows, so does the practice of outsourcing tasks and functions to service organizations. These trends have increased the demand for SOC 1 engagements.
This guide will make sure you clearly understand how to complete a SOC 1 engagement under AT-C section 320, Reporting on an Examination of Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to User Entities' Internal Control Over Financial Reporting, of Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No. 18, Attestation Standards: Clarification and Recodification.
Get the basics or deepen your knowledge with these new features
Even if you're experienced with SOC engagements, this guide is an essential resource that:
- Has been fully conformed to reflect changes resulting from SSAE No. 18, the clarified attestation standards.
- Contains insight from expert authors on the Service Organizations Task Force composed of CPAs that all perform SOC 1® engagements. The Task Force updates the guide with lessons learned in practice.
- Includes illustrative report paragraphs describing many different types of report modifications.
Additionally, this guide discusses implementation challenges. It integrates the SSAE No. 18 requirements and application guidance from the three applicable sections in the discussion of service auditors' engagements.
SSAE No. 18 is effective for service auditor's reports dated on or after May 1, 2017
- Practitioners performing SOC 1 engagements
- Managers of entities that have SOC 1 engagements being performed
- Auditors relying on SOC 1 reports
- Requirements and guidance in AT-C section 320 for performing SOC 1 engagements
- Guidance from top CPAs on how to implement AT-C section 320 and address common and practice issues
- How to provide best-in-class services related to planning, performing and reporting on a SOC 1 engagement
- Successfully implement changes in AT-C section 320 arising from the issuance of SSAE 18
- Determine how to describe the matter giving rise to a modified opinion
- Understand the kinds of information financial statements auditors of user entities need from a service auditor's report
- Organize and draft relevant sections of a type 2 report
- Develop management representation letters for SOC 1 engagements
Group ordering for your team