Guide to Audit Data Analytics
In your next financial statement audit, apply the benefits of audit data analytics. We worked with the profession’s leading experts to show you how.
Step-by-step guidance from the experts
Think of audit data analytics (ADAs) as "the science and art of discovering and analyzing patterns; identifying anomalies; and extracting other useful information in data underlying or related to the subject matter of an audit through analysis, modeling, and visualization."
Simply put, you can use ADAs to perform a variety of procedures to gather audit evidence in your next financial statement audit.
ADAs put into practice
Each chapter of the guide focuses on an audit area and includes step-by-step guidance illustrating how ADAs can be used throughout the financial statement audit.
Suggested considerations for assessing the reliability of data are also included in a separate appendix.
Get this guide for free.
Guide to Audit Data Analytics is included when you purchase the Analytical Procedures: Audit Guide.
Together, they show how analytics techniques can be applied to the audit while staying within the current auditing standards.
- Auditors performing and reporting on their audit engagements
- Auditors and those interested in learning more about ADAs and how to apply them to their financial statement audits
- Introduction to using ADAs throughout the financial statement audit
- Illustrative examples of how to use an ADA in each phase of the audit (risk assessment, a test of details, substantive analytical procedures and forming an overall conclusion)
- Additional considerations for assessing the reliability of data
Group ordering for your team