2020 Employee Benefit Plans - Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure
An invaluable practice aid that offers clarity among a multitude of employee benefit plan GAAP disclosure requirements, regulatory and GAAS auditor reporting and certain other communication requirements.
A tool for practitioners.
Gain clarity as you navigate the multitude of employee benefit plan requirements relating to GAAP disclosure, regulatory reporting, GAAS auditor reporting, and communication of other deficiencies in internal control.
This edition delivers an extensive refresher of the chapters dedicated to illustrative disclosures specific to:
- Defined benefit pension plans,
- Defined contribution retirement plans,
- Health and welfare benefit plans, and
- Other financial statement disclosures that may be applicable to all plans.
This invaluable practice aid has been designed as a tool to assist practitioners when:
- Evaluating management’s compliance with GAAP, IRS, and DOL regulatory disclosure requirements;
- Exploring issues identified in plans that may require financial statement disclosure, regulatory reporting, and consideration of communication as an “other deficiency” in internal control; and
- Reporting in accordance with professional auditing standards.
- Illustrative examples: A compilation of illustrative examples bring an array of technical requirements to life through real-world application.
- Newly added section indexes: Use the newly added section indexes to recall most common disclosure requirements and navigate to actual examples from current EBP filings.
Staring at a blank screen or piece of paper drains your energy and time, especially under the stress of filing deadlines. This compilation of examples provides a starting point for a majority of the circumstances you will encounter requiring presentation, disclosure, and communication in an EBP audit or filing. Easily customize examples for individual plan circumstances and bring your engagement across the finish line.
- Practitioners in firms of all sizes. Entities sponsoring employee benefit plans required to file audited financial statements. Individuals preparing, auditing, or assisting in the preparation of plan financial statements.benefit pension plans, defined contribution retirement plans, and health and welfare benefit plans. It has been designed to be beneficial for those practicing in smaller, regional, and large accounting firms.
Standing order option:Save 20% now and 10% on future shipments
Group ordering for your team