Attestation Engagements on Sustainability Information Guide (Including Greenhouse Gas Emissions Information)
Add credibility to your sustainability information with this authoritative guide developed to assist CPAs with interpreting and applying the clarified attestation standards. Supersedes AICPA Statement of Position 13-1, Attest Engagements on Greenhouse Gas Emissions Information.
New Authoritative Guide for SSAE No. 18 and Sustainability
Organizations are increasingly seeking to add credibility to sustainability information: According to the CFA Institute, 73 percent of portfolio managers and research analysts surveyed take sustainability matters into account when making investment decisions and 69 percent believe it is important that such information be subject to independent assurance.
This new guide will assist CPAs with interpreting and applying the clarified attestation standards (SSAE No. 18) when performing examination or review engagements on sustainability information.
Note: This guide supersedes AICPA Statement of Position (SOP) 13-1, Attest Engagements on Greenhouse Gas Emissions Information. The content of that SOP has been updated for the clarified attestations standards and included in the guide.
- CPAs in public practice engaged to perform an examination or review engagement in accordance with the clarified attestation standards on sustainability information
- CPAs in public practice engaged to perform an examination or review engagement in accordance with the clarified attestation standards on other subject matters that have significant measurement uncertainty, or for which there is significant use of specialists or involvement of other practitioners
- Contains interpretive guidance for examination and review engagements on sustainability information based on the clarified attestation standards, including with respect to preconditions for performing such engagements
- Contains updated guidance for attestation engagements on greenhouse gas emissions information (superseding AICPA SOP 13-1, Attest Engagements on Greenhouse Gas Emissions Information)
- Presents illustrative examination and review procedures, when different, in a side-by-side format to help distinguish between procedures in such engagements
- Provides illustrative representation letters and accountants' reports specific to the types of matters or situations that the practitioner might encounter in such engagements
- Contains guidance on certain matters that are not addressed in the clarified attestation standards, including considerations regarding measurement uncertainty, consistency, and material misstatements in previously issued information
- Provides expanded guidance on the use of specialists and other practitioners
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.