AICPA Professional Standards
Use this comprehensive source to understand the professional standards and interpretations issued by the AICPA.
Understand the updates to AICPA’s Professional Standards
Updated as of June 15, 2022, Professional Standards is your comprehensive source of professional standards and interpretations issued by the AICPA, such as auditing and attestation standards, accounting and review services pronouncements, the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, and the AICPA Bylaws.
To help you apply the standards in specific circumstances, standards and related interpretations are arranged by subject with amendments noted, superseded portions deleted, and conforming changes reflected.
Professional Standards includes these standards and sections:
- Auditing standards and interpretations
- Attestation standards and interpretations
- Accounting and review standards and interpretations
- Quality management standards
- Statements of Position — accounting; auditing and attestation
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- AICPA bylaws
- Valuation services standards and interpretations
- Consulting services standards
- Peer review standards and interpretations
- Tax services standards and interpretations
- Joint AICPA/NASBA CPE standards
Learn what’s new in 2022 and how the changes affect your work
- Clarified Standards for Performing and Reporting on Peer Reviews
- Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 145, Understanding the Entity and Its Environment and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement
- SAS No. 146, Quality Management for an Engagement Conducted in Accordance With Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- SAS No. 147, Inquiries of the Predecessor Auditor Regarding Fraud and Noncompliance With Laws and Regulations
- Statement on Quality Management Standards (SQMS) No. 1, A Firm’s System of Quality Management
- SQMS No. 2, Engagement Quality Reviews
- Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS) No. 26, Quality Management for an Engagement Conducted in Accordance With Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services
- Statement of Position (SOP) 21-1, Performing Agreed-Upon Procedures Related to Rated Exchange Act Asset-Backed Securities Third-Party Due Diligence Services as Defined by SEC Release No. 34-72936
- Practitioners performing audits
- Practitioners performing attestation engagements
- Practitioners performing preparation, compilation, and review services
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.