New Staff: Core Concepts - New Auditor's Role on the Engagement Team
This CPE course will enlighten new audit staff members on what to expect on the job. It discusses roles and responsibilities, behavior expectations, how to handle clients and common issues, and offers tips for success.
NASBA Field of Study
Tom Noce, Lynford Graham
This CPE course can be purchased individually, or as a part of the Audit Staff Essentials – New Staff: Core Concepts staff training bundle.
Learn what to expect on the job as a new staff auditor.
Understand your roles and responsibilities, including what jobs will be performed, what rules to follow, and behavior expectations.
In this CPE course self-study course, you will learn about self−evaluation and tips for success, as well as how to handle clients and client information.
Practice troubleshooting common issues encountered as you discover how to successfully deal with these difficulties.
- Recently onboarded staff
- First-year staff
- Firms that want consistent training and level setting
- Relevant professional standards
- Am I going to survive?
- Success and survival in public accounting
- Self-evaluation for success
- New roles
- Common issues encountered
- Recognize the concerns new staff often face when beginning their first job in a CPA firm.
- dentify the roles new staff fill in CPA firms and on audit engagement teams, basics regarding expected work, and common issues encountered.
- Recall professional standards related to issues, such as client confidentiality and working paper security.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.