Experienced In-Charge/Senior - Using a Service Organization and the Use of a Specialist
Covering what you need to know about your responsibilities when your client engages a service organization, this CPE course will explore how and when to refer to related performance and documentation requirements.
NASBA Field of Study
Tom Noce, Lynford Graham
This CPE course can be purchased individually, or as a part of the Audit Staff Essentials - Experienced In-Charge/Senior training bundle.
The work of specialists
Understand your responsibilities when your client engages a service organization or when you engage a specialist to help you with complex or unfamiliar areas in certain engagements.
Understand how and when to refer to both areas, as well as the related performance and documentation requirements in each.
Learn also about SOC2® reports regarding privacy.
- Experienced in-charge auditors
- Audit seniors
- Firms that want consistent training and level setting
- Risk assessment
- System and organization control (SOC) reports
- Using a specialist in an audit
- This course will prepare you to do the following:
- Distinguish between type 1 and type 2 SOC 1® reports, when each type applies, and the required procedures when using each.
- Identify the differences between an auditor's specialist or management's specialist and required procedures when either is used.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.