Investment Planning Certificate Program (Exam)
Part of the Personal Financial Planning Certificate Program, this certificate program includes eight courses covering steps in the investment planning life cycle, along with a discussion of planning for and funding higher education.
Tom Tillery, Susan M. Tillery
About the Personal Financial Planning Certificate Program
The Personal Financial Planning Certificate Program is a series of certificates covering the core areas of personal financial planning (PFP), including retirement, estate, risk management and insurance, and investment planning, and how tax planning relates to each area. This certificate program is a combination of education and a certificate exam that gives you the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and demonstrate competence in that specific discipline.
This PFP certificate program offers three different options:
- Certificate: You can display your competence and understanding in one or more core areas with a digital badge awarded upon completion of each certificate exam, an online proctored exam taken from the convenience of your home or office. This certificate offers optional online education to provide a thorough comprehension of the material in preparation for the exam.
- Education: If CPE is your goal, you can purchase the education, without the certificate exam, and simply earn CPE credit for your CPA license, PFS credential, and/or CFP® credential. If you hold the PFS credential, there is no need to take the certificate exam because your PFS credential exam tests this material.
- Credential: If you are an active CPA who wants to obtain the PFS credential, the certificate program provides an alternative pathway for meeting the exam and education requirements. See aicpa.org/pfs for details.
Investment Planning Certificate Program
Part of the Personal Financial Planning Certificate Program, the Investment Planning Certificate Program is an informative and engaging learning experience that will enhance your knowledge in investment planning. Updated for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017, this certificate program includes eight courses covering steps in the investment planning life cycle, along with a discussion of planning for and funding higher education. And, if you are seeking a thorough understanding of investment planning as outlined in the AICPA Personal Financial Planning (PFP) Body of Knowledge, this program is for you!
This series of courses include:
- The Investment Planning Process
- Investment Data Gathering and Analysis
- Creating the Investment Policy Statement
- Portfolio Management
- Investment Vehicles and Strategies
- Investment Monitoring and Updating
- Integrating Investments with the Financial Plan
- Education Planning
Get your CPA/PFS credential and meet education and examination requirements!
If you are an active CPA, you can use these certificates to meet the education and examination requirements of the CPA/PFS credential. For more information, visit aicpa.org/PFS.
CPA, PFS, and CFP Continuing Education
These courses meet the CPE requirements for the CPA license and PFS credential. In addition, it qualifies for CFP board CE credits. The AICPA will report CE credits to the CFP Board every two weeks on a rolling basis as courses are completed. To have your CE reported please complete the following steps as there is not an automated feed to the CFP Board: Send an email to CFPReporting@aicpa-cima.com with the following information: Name, CFP Number, Copy of Certificate of completion and number of CE hours requested to be reported.
Five to eight business days after receiving your purchase confirmation email, we will send out the Notice to Schedule (NTS) email enabling you to schedule the specific day and either online proctor time or testing center location to take the exam any time over the next 12 months.
PAYMENT OF THE EXAM FEE SERVES AS CONFIRMATION THAT YOU HAVE READ THE REGISTRATION & SCHEDULING TERMS & CONDITIONS. VIEW THE REGISTRATION & SCHEDULING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
It is extremely important that the AICPA has the most recent contact information and email address for each registrant as your email and mailing address will be utilized for all communications regarding this exam. Log in to view or update your information.
- CPAs, financial planners, and qualified professionals with basic knowledge of, and interest in, personal financial planning.
Group ordering for your team