Yellow Book: Application of GAGAS Principles
As an auditor of state, local government, or not-for-profit entities, gain an understanding of the requirements and application guidance for engagements conducted in accordance with Government Auditing Standards.
NASBA Field of Study
Gain the essentials
Engaging with chapters 1–5 of Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision, gain the essentials for performing engagements in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS). Build an excellent foundation of the principles of GAGAS as it relates to understanding Yellow Book requirements and application guidance.
Who Will Benefit
Government auditors and public accountants that will be planning or conducting engagements in accordance with Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision (Yellow Book).
- Foundation and principles for the use and application of generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS)
- General requirements for complying with the Yellow Book
- Ethics, independence, and professional judgment
- Competence and continuing professional education
- Quality control and peer review
- Identify the guidance found in Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision.
- Recognize the relationship between Government Auditing Standards and other professional standards.
- Recognize the Yellow Book guidance regarding independence as found in Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.