Working Paper Documentation - Tax Staff Essentials
Learn to prepare and organize working papers.
NASBA Field of Study
Charles A. Borek
Save when you buy the complete Tax Staff Essentials, Level 1 online bundle..
Get your working papers in order
Learn how to appropriately prepare, organize, and understand working papers.
Understand how working papers support the creation of a tax return, and that the documentation affects the preparer and is required by the IRS to complete a proper audit of the return.
Be prepared to develop working papers and organize your product. This course provides CPE credit in the Taxation field of study.
Who Will Benefit
- CPAs, particularly new tax staff
- Source of data for tax adjustments from books
- Authority documentation
- Case studies — good and bad working papers
- Recall how to organize working papers correctly.
- Identify which working papers are appropriate for specific tax situations.
- Recognize how to document tax return information.
- Recognize the differences between the cash and accrual methods in financial statements.
- Identify the types of businesses that can use the cash method of accounting for tax purposes.
- Identify which working paper documents should be turned over to the IRS, if requested.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.