Understanding, Using, and Securing Crypto and Digital Assets
An overview of securing cryptocurrency, this course covers wallets which are the fundamental security concepts and the most important aspect of this new technology for accountants and auditors to understand.
NASBA Field of Study
What's in your digital wallet?
This CPE course can be purchased individually, or as a part of the Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate program.
Learn about different types of wallets, with a focus on the security of digital assets.
This CPE self-study course will help you gain knowledge about the various ways of securing digital assets including multisig wallets, two-factor authentication, and password manager.
Learn about market capitalization of crypto assets, crypto asset exchanges, and how to use block explorer to verify transactions.
Observe how assets will be secured and transactions will be recorded and verified in this new environment.
- Non-IT finance professionals, CFOs, controllers, management accountants, public accountants, partners, staff, managers and internal auditors
- Recall the key terms and definitions of crypto and digital assets.
- Recall the attributes of crypto asset wallets and the importance of security for accountants and auditors.
- Recognize the distinction between physical security and digital security and the benefits of multisig wallets.
- Identify the ways two-factor authentication (2FA) and password managers are used for crypto asset security.
- Identify the importance of market capitalization, exchanges, price indexes, and block explorers.
- Recall the benefits and challenges of ICOs, STOs, IEOs, and the SEC Howey test
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.