The Risk Management Planning Process
Learn to educate your clients about the principles of risk and insurance.
NASBA Field of Study
Tom Tillery, Susan M. Tillery
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Risk Management and Insurance Planning Certificate Program.
Do your clients have the knowledge they need to make reasoned decisions about the types and amount of insurance to purchase?
Updated for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, this narrated audiovisual CPE course covers important aspects of the risk management process and the professional environment. In the course, Tom Tillery helps you to educate your clients about the principles of risk and insurance.
Mirroring the personal financial planning process, this course covers the six-step risk management process as follows:
- Establish and define the client relationship.
- Gather pertinent client data to determine the risk exposure.
- Process and evaluate the client's status.
- Present financial planning recommendations.
- Implement personal financial planning recommendations.
- Monitor financial planning recommendations.
- The risk management process
- Principles of risk management
- Identification of potential loss exposures
- Risk management techniques
- Professional environment
- Regulatory environment
- Carrier environment
- Compensation methods
- Distinguish among the terms hazard, peril, and risk.
- Identify the steps in the risk management process.
- Determine when to apply the principles of risk management.
- Recall the definition of static risk.
- Identify the types of insurable risk.
- Distinguish between real and personal property.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.