Tax Staff Essentials, Level 4 - Tax Manager/Director
Stay up to date with the latest tax law changes. These courses provide a link to a frequently updated tax supplements page.
NASBA Field of Study
Gain advanced technical training in tax essentials.
Give your managers and directors the tools they need to offer existing clients additional tax services with training designed to do the following:
- Improve and increase proficiency levels
- Elicit a higher level of customer satisfaction
- Potentially increase firm service fees
Level 4 contains the advanced technical level of training to allow your firm to expand its ability to offer professional services to new and existing clients.
Key areas covered include:
- IRS audits
- Advanced topics in partnership taxation and accounting for deferred taxes
- Individual and small business tax planning
Whether you wish to expand your firm by developing expertise in a niche or by business referrals from highly satisfied clients, TSE Level 4 is a must-have suite of CPE courses. An additional case study-based course has been added to the curriculum. This gives staff, seniors, and supervisors the opportunity to work through real-life, application-based scenarios in partnership returns.
- IRS Disputes: Identifying Options for Your Client
- Advanced Taxation Partnerships & LLCs
- International Taxation
- Advanced Income Tax Accounting
- Tax Planning for Small Businesses
- Individual Tax Planning
- Reviewing Partnership Returns
Who will benefit
- Tax managers and directors who have a background in taxation
- New individual income tax rates
- New corporate tax rates
- New pass-through income rules
- The qualified business income (QBI) deduction
- New rules for certain credits and deductions
- Advanced aspects of FASB ASC 740, including accounting for business combinations and other purchase transactions and stock compensation under FASB ASC 718
- Sale of an interest in a partnership or LLC
- Adjustments to basis of partnership/LLC assets
- Advanced distribution rules
- Allocation of income under IRC Section 704(b)
- Foreign branch and affiliates
- U.S. withholding taxes on foreign business
- Types of IRS audits
- Revenue adjustment report (RAR)
- Accounting for audit adjustments
- Individual tax planning
- Small business tax planning
- Apply the complex rules of FASB ASC 740 (SFAS No. 109 and FIN 48) to new and challenging situations.
- Apply FASB ASC 740 to FASB ASC 805, Business Combinations, and FASB ASC 810, and noncontrolling interests in consolidated financial statements.
- Determine the applicable tax rate for complex situations.
- Determine the consequences of selling a partnership or LLC interest.
- Make elections to protect partners and LLC members from unwelcome future consequences arising from current distributions, sales, and/or transfers of interests in the partnership.
- Learn how to calculate the basis of partnership or LLC following distributions of multiple properties.
- Understand how to comply with U.S. tax reporting requirements for inbound and outbound transactions and operations.
- Learn how income is sourced to a foreign jurisdiction.
- Determine when to challenge IRS requests.
- Understand IRS audit techniques, inquiries, and appeal rights.
- Manage the information document request process and evaluate the contents of a revenue agent report.
- Learn specific ways to reduce your individual and small business clients’ tax bills.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.